We are excited to announce today a new programme of support for early stage companies working in the telecoms sector and adjacent sectors such as quantum, AI, cyber and space.
Standards are an essential part of the telecoms ecosystem, but finding the time and budget to understand and engage with the myriad standards bodies and their processes is tough.
Fortunately, you don’t have to do it on your own.
The UKTIN Standards Working Group, announced last month, is designed to support SMEs in more effectively interacting with the standards process and having their IP adopted.
We are looking to recruit a cohort of SMEs with relevant IP who are keen to take a more proactive approach when it comes to standards. By becoming part of our SME cohort you get:
- Access to the UKTIN Standards Champion and Standards Working Group, offering personalised support and guidance based on their extensive experience managing standards.
- To participate in seven interactive and collaborative workshops where the agenda is driven by your needs and priorities: this is your chance to voice your needs and goals when it comes to standards. Replicating models that have worked successfully elsewhere in the telecoms sector, we will work with you to agree common positions that can be used to influence and lobby standards bodies more effectively.
- Your viewpoints and perspectives represented at key standards body meetings by our Standards Champion.
- Potential funding to attend some standards body meetings yourself.
- All with the aim of supporting you to have your IP accepted by standards bodies.
We understand that your time is precious and committing to attend a number of workshops is a serious undertaking. That’s why we’re running an initial workshop on the 12 December where you’ll have a chance to meet Nick Johnson, Head of UKTIN, the UKTIN Standards Champion and UKTIN Standards Working Group Chair. You’ll hear more about what being part of the cohort entails, what you can expect to get out of it, and help shape the broader workshop programme.
Users of the UKTIN Innovation Platform - designed to offer a broader programme of support for early-stage companies - are today being offered early access to sign up for the 12 December event. If you are a member, you can register to attend here. If you’re not already a member of the Innovation Platform, now is the perfect time to sign up here.
Registration for this first workshop will open to all on 10th November but places are limited so if you’re keen to be part of this exciting opportunity, we strongly recommend signing up to the Innovation Platform today for early access.
In addition to the SME workshops, we are also running IP and Standards seminars, designed to educate attendees on the particulars of standards and protecting your IP. We will be running these seminars on an ongoing basis with registration now open for the first set in December and January.